Gear Motions is seeking an experienced Corporate Controller to join our team. This position is responsible for the accounting and financial operations of the business, including those located in Buffalo and is our primary financial leader. Supervises accounting and Human Resource staff and their activities. Has routine interaction with the Management Team, outside professionals and the Board of Directors. Occasional travel.
- Coordinate and administer an adequate financial plan for the control of operations. Such plan provides sales forecasts, expense budgets, profit planning, working capital forecasts, balance sheet planning, and cash forecasting.
- Monitor and report on cash and debt position, borrowing needs and bank covenant compliance.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards, interprets them, and reports results to all levels within the company.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Manage outsourced functions as assigned (i.e.: payroll/Global Shop Solutions/IT/phones).
- Oversee and direct the operations of the accounting function for the corporation and its subsidiaries, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures. Also the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Manages the accounting and Human Resource staff and related functions done by subsidiaries.
- Administers business insurances for property, auto, and others types of business insurance as directed by the President.
- Manage the annual ESOP disbursement, diversification, and stock notifications to employees and prepare annual ESOP reports and required documentation needed for stock valuation.
- Manage banking administration for all entities.
- Understanding of various pieces of financial information to accurately capture and utilize the information gathered from a variety of sources to integrate and analyze it to develop reports.
- Understanding all aspects of Global Shop Solutions to accurately capture and utilize the information gathered from a variety of sources to properly develop reports and to help individuals understand and use the software effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for constant effective internal and external communication ensuring optimum productivity. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Diffuses situations for a positive outcome.
- Ability to understand and communicate the Company’s capabilities.
- Excellent organization evaluation and priority setting skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Must prioritize and plan work activities to use time efficiently.
Education and Experience
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA a plus
- Hands on experience with ERP systems
- Minimum 10 years experience in an accounting position in manufacturing.
Gear Motions has an excellent benefit package which includes eligibility for health, dental, life and disability insurance and participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) along with a very well-funded 401k Retirement Plan. Only qualified candidates should apply.
For any questions about your online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org