Gear Motions, Inc., a successful, growing, employee owned precision gear manufacturing company, has an exciting, new, executive level position available. We are searching for a forward thinking, strategic, motivated Director of Business Development to identify, define, research, and create business markets and opportunities for a new product line.
The Director of Business Development will implement a strategic business development plan, designed to take the company to new heights and lead to significant growth and financial impact of the company. The position will also have routine interaction with the management team, outside professionals, and the board of directors. Will travel.
- Identify new markets and current market opportunities
- Analyze market strategies, requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending investments
- Develop strategies and implementation plans of new opportunities in alignment with company strategies and existing operations. Examine risk and potentials while developing mitigation plans.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Identify trendsetter ideas within the industry by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Contact potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events.
Education and Experience
- Four-year degree in Business Administration/Marketing or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of experience in developing business in a manufacturing company.
- Thorough understanding of the product life cycle with special emphasis on new product introduction. -> THIS IS KEY!
- Understand the function and capability of all machines in the shop, with overall knowledge of gear manufacturing, machine process and equipment capability
This is a true business development role! You will be a part launching a new product into market and working with a brand new set of clients – that you will source.
Gear Motions Inc. has an excellent benefit package which includes a competitive pay scale, eligibility for health, dental, life and disability insurance and participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) along with a very well-funded 401k Retirement Plan.
If you match the qualifications and are up for this challenge, you may apply below or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions about your online employment application, please contact email@example.com