This position is responsible to plan and perform a wide variety of maintenance functions to assure proper plant and machine operation, including diagnosis and solution of CNC, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and related issues.
- Apply extensive knowledge of electrical control systems, such as Mitsubishi, Fanuc, and other CNC control systems, AC/DC servo drives, automated machinery, ladder logic, PLC.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Manager the scheduling of Preventive Maintenance requirements for manufacturing machinery.
- Plan and perform duties required to maintain the Preventive Maintenance schedule. Diagnose machine malfunctions and correct, performing repair and rebuilding tasks.
- Recognize situations that require external assistance; assist in coordinating resolution.
- Ability to lead and motivate maintenance team in coordination with the Manufacturing Manager.
- Ability to troubleshoot machine issues using extensive experience in hydraulics, electrical, CNC controls.
- Keep the Manufacturing Manager informed on daily activities as required.
- Locate, select, and order parts and tooling required for repairs and Preventive Maintenance. Organize and control routine replacement part inventory with agreement from Manufacturing Manager.
- Plan for, and install equipment and devices assuring proper consideration and conformance to OSHA safety and health requirements.
- Set-up and/or adjust various machine and equipment functions to proper specifications.
- Advise the Manufacturing Manger of inefficiencies in manufacturing machinery or tools and unsafe conditions or practices.
- Maintain the work and maintenance areas and equipment in a neat and organized manner.
Gear Motions – Nixon Gear Division has an excellent benefit package which includes a competitive pay scale (based on experience), eligibility for health, dental, life and disability insurance and participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) along with a very well-funded 401k Retirement Plan. Only qualified candidates should apply.
For consideration please send resume to Attention Human Resource: Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, regular mail – 1750 Milton Ave., Syracuse, NY 13209.