Gear Motions – Nixon Gear Division, a successful, growing progressive ISO 9000 registered company seeks a full time Maintenance Specialist on first shift, 8am to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday. Minimum 10 years experience required.
This position is responsible to plan and perform a wide variety of maintenance functions to assure proper plant and machine operation, including diagnosis and solution of CNC, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and related issues.
- Apply extensive knowledge of electrical control systems, such as Mitsubishi, Fanuc, and other CNC control systems, AC/DC servo drives, automated machinery, ladder logic, PLC.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Manager the scheduling of Preventive Maintenance requirements for manufacturing machinery.
Plan and perform duties required to maintain the Preventive Maintenance schedule.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and correct, performing repair and rebuilding tasks.
- Recognize situations that require external assistance; assist in coordinating resolution.
- Ability to lead and motivate maintenance team in coordination with the Manufacturing Manager.
- Ability to troubleshoot machine issues using extensive experience in hydraulics, electrical, CNC controls.
- Keep the Manufacturing Manager informed on daily activities as required.
- Locate, select, and order parts and tooling required for repairs and Preventive Maintenance.
- Organize and control routine replacement part inventory with agreement from Manufacturing Manager.
- Plan for, and install equipment and devices assuring proper consideration and conformance to OSHA safety and health requirements.
- Set-up and/or adjust various machine and equipment functions to proper specifications.
- Advise the Manufacturing Manger of inefficiencies in manufacturing machinery or tools and unsafe conditions or practices.
- Maintain the work and maintenance areas and equipment in a neat and organized manner.
- Must understand, speak, read and write the English language sufficiently to document job packages and other required information, and understand job instructions and safety issues
- Must have reading and comprehension ability sufficient to read blueprints, technical drawings, company documents, work instructions, instruments, equipment and a computer
- Must have sufficient shop math ability to be able to calculate and understand metal tolerances. Will regularly use basic arithmetic functions.
- Must have some computer literacy (familiarity with the keyboard and basic log on and documentation procedures) for constant use of shop computers
- Conform to all health and safety rules and procedures; report any problems or accidents.
Education and Experience
- High school or GED.
- Ten years experience in maintenance and repair in a manufacturing environment with a variety of machines.
Gear Motions – Nixon Gear Division has an excellent benefit package which includes eligibility for health, dental, life and disability insurance and participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) along with a very well funded 401k Retirement Plan. Only qualified candidates should apply.
TO APPLY: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org