Gear Motions – Nixon Gear Division, a growing employee owned, ISO 9001:2015 certified company, seeks a full time Purchasing/Customer Service Coordinator on first shift (8am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday). This position is responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships, advocacy, and ensures management awareness of customer issues and concerns.
- Responsible for receiving and/or initiating customer contact regarding delivery dates or order issues. Provide an accurate and prompt response to all inquiries. Handle all inquiries expeditiously and with a proper sense of urgency, regardless of method of receipt (fax, e-mail, telephone or mail). Accurately document all customer transactions and communications for future reference or follow up. Communicate internally to insure optimum customer service. Assure that all contract review requirements for customer purchase orders are satisfied and confirmed to customer.
- Review current and historical manufacturing data to calculate and prepare new pricing for existing customers.
- Prepares purchase orders and follows up orders to expedite delivery and shipment. Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against order. Coordinates delivery dates for outside goods and services to best support manufacturing plans.
- Ensure management’s awareness of potential customer issues relating to customer satisfaction. Advise others of any customer service issues or specific customer situations that warrant their involvement or attention.
- Maintain purchasing files: purchase orders and their status, completed order file and purchasing database using manufacturing software.
- Monitor current suppliers’ goods and services and deal with issues as appropriate.
- Participate in scheduled manufacturing and backlog meetings to identify and correct problems.
- Enter sales order information into the system. Maintain customer record files in accordance with established policies and procedures. Create manufacturing work orders that allow manufacturing to create a product.
- Interface with customers and company personnel to coordinate deliveries, report major delivery problems and ensure that customer requirements are understood.
- Enter data and maintain databases for open orders, shipments and invoices. Create customer invoices.
- Maintain customer master file, and files for sales documents, invoices, and credit and debit memos. Initiate and facilitate credit and debit memos.
- Work with new and existing vendors to continually improve the value equation of material, outside services and delivery.
- May assemble shop packages. May work with Estimating/Engineering to ensure all necessary data required for production is included in each order.
- Monitor status of manufacturing to forecast items and initiate manufacturing orders to meet forecasted demand.
- Assist in answering the telephone.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience: Customer Service/Purchasing in manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Education: Associate (Required)
- Work authorization: United States (Required)
Gear Motions has an excellent benefit package which includes eligibility for health, dental, life and disability insurance and participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) along with a very well funded 401k Retirement Plan. Only qualified candidates should apply.
For consideration please send resume to Attention Human Resource: Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, regular mail – 1750 Milton Ave., Syracuse, NY 13209.