Gear Motions, a growing Employee Owned company, has a need for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk at their Oliver Gear Division in Buffalo NY that can perform a variety of semi-routine duties to ship, receive, and maintain records for various materials, supplies and finished parts following all established procedures. Will verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments, while continually performing visual inspection of all parts. Prepares items for shipment by performing duties to quality and productivity standards.
Basic Duties include
- Receive, unpack, examine, and route materials in incoming shipments. Must have a good working knowledge of parts and their part numbers and part usage, and understand their applications for use.
- Rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Receive and process all defective parts returned for replacement or credit. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Maintain all administrative records for packing, unpacking, loading, unloading and visual inspection
- Contact trucking companies to coordinate shipping details.
- Drive company vehicles for routine errands and pick-up and delivery as necessary.
- Move material in plant by fork truck, cart or carry, as requested.
- Conform to all Quality System requirements, including the use of the tools of Total Quality Management and Lean Manufacturing.
- Good mechanical ability and with good math skills.
- Follow all safety procedures and utilize all safety equipment needed for any particular job or process. Report hazardous conditions, accidents, or defective materials to the department Supervisor. Continuously maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Authorized to work in the United States
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Experience with MS Word & Excel are desired.
- Must have some computer literacy (familiarity with the keyboard and basic log on and documentation procedures) for constant use of shipping computers.
- Must have reading and comprehension ability sufficient to read company documents, work instructions, and a computer. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure various manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, other departments, customers and vendors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must have sufficient basic math ability to be able to calculate and understand shipping weights, count parts and verify information. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Will regularly use basic arithmetic functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve practical problems, interpret, resolving problems and issues using a variety of instructions or guides, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand the function and capability of all shipping equipment.
- Ability to retain overall knowledge of all shipping processes; continually apply the knowledge. Will continuously develop general shipping and receiving knowledge.
- Ability to be punctual on a daily basis.
Main Benefit Package includes
- Competitive pay scale (based on experience)
- ESOP (Stock ownership program – retirement plan )
- 401k savings plan with 50% company match
- Liberal vacation and holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health and Dental insurance
- Plenty of overtime is available
If you are an experienced Shipping and Receiving person and would like an opportunity to become a successful member of our team and be part of a long established employee owned company with a nice work environment and excellent benefits, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time